Item Code: 165565
- Total food replacement for the overweight.
- VLCD is intended for use as part of the management of the moderately to severely overweight, even when there is associated secondary pathology e.g.
- non-insulin-dependent diabetes, hypertension, osteoarthritis, hypothyroidism corrected by replacement therapy, gynaecological disorders, hyperlipidaemia or where obesity is an impediment to surgery.
Price (GST exempt): $19.95
- Active Ingredients
- Acute cerebrovascular or cardiovascular disease, renal disease, hepatic disease, juvenile onset diabetes, porphyria or overt psychosis.
- Use in pregnancy.
- Use in lactation.
- Use in children.
- Modified fasting is not recommended for treatment of childhood weight problems.
- Selenium-containing products are not suitable for use by children under the age of 15 years.
- Patients with recent myocardial infarction should be referred to a cardiologist to determine suitability for modified fasting.
- Patients with a history of hepatic or renal disease should also be monitored carefully.
- Patients on lithium therapy require more frequent monitoring of blood lithium levels.
- Alcohol should not be consumed when using Optifast VLCD.
- Vanilla, Contains caseinates (milk protein), non- fat milk solids, sugar, maltodextrin, sunflower oil, flavours, colour (160a), emulsifier (322), saccharin sodium, antioxidant and micronutrients as listed in Table 1.
- Simply add one sachet of Optifast® VLCD™ Lemon Crème Flavoured Dessert to 200mL of cold water and mix vigorously with a whisk or fork.
- Leave to stand for 5 minutes preferably in a refrigerator.
- Store covered in refrigerator (<4 °C).
- Use within 24 hours.
Note: Prices include GST (where applicable)